Oracle exception for a compiled package
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gabe_Valentin
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2008 09:34 AM

Hi! It seems, tomcat cached the status of my Oracle 10g2 packages, because I get "existing state of package body PGX has been invalidated" error, when I call the one of my Oracle the package. The thing is, the PGX package is currently ok (compiled), but in the past, it has some errors. If I restart Tomcat, the problem fixes, but I dont wanna restart Tomcat every time, when one of my packages has compilation error. Do you have any tips? Here is the error text: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-04061: existing state of package body "MNM.PGX" has been invalidated ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package body "MNM.PGX" at oracle.j   More>>

Hi!

It seems, tomcat cached the status of my Oracle 10g2 packages, because I get "existing state of package body PGX has been invalidated" error, when I call the one of my Oracle the package.
The thing is, the PGX package is currently ok (compiled), but in the past, it has some errors.
If I restart Tomcat, the problem fixes, but I dont wanna restart Tomcat every time, when one of my packages has compilation error.

Do you have any tips?

Here is the error text:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-04061: existing state of package body "MNM.PGX" has been invalidated
ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package body "MNM.PGX"

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:316)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:282)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:639)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:185)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.execute_for_rows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:633)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute_maybe_describe(OracleStatement.java:984)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.execute_maybe_describe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:535)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1051)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:2984)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3026)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92)
at org.apache.jsp.loaddata_jsp.getJSONResult(loaddata_jsp.java:401)
at org.apache.jsp.loaddata_jsp._jspService(loaddata_jsp.java:484)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
   <<Less

Re: Oracle exception for a compiled package

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2008 06:40 PM

A web application must be restarted if compiled code (actually, anything in WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib) changes. In lieu of restarting the entire tomcat server itself, you could use the 'manager' tomcat web app to just restart the one web app of interest.
About | Sitemap | Contact