dcsimg
New To Ant, Question about Feasibility of described Task.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nachiket_Patel
Posted On:   Thursday, January 31, 2008 06:35 AM

Hello, I am using NetBeans 6.0, It setups ant automatically. So never get into it. But now My requirement is.. I am having 13 to 15 client machines in my network. now when i want to replace new jars with source code (for new versions). i have to do it manually. I am having few questions, are these things possible with Ant, (if Yes , how to do that - in brief??) i know basics. (How to create task. build. copy) 1> Auto replacement of all folders in all computers. 2> remote build and remote jar run(execution). - Thanks Nachiket    More>>

Hello,
I am using NetBeans 6.0, It setups ant automatically.
So never get into it.

But now My requirement is..
I am having 13 to 15 client machines in my network.
now when i want to replace new jars with source code (for new versions).

i have to do it manually. I am having few questions, are these things possible with Ant, (if Yes , how to do that - in brief??)

i know basics. (How to create task. build. copy)

1> Auto replacement of all folders in all computers.
2> remote build and remote jar run(execution).

- Thanks

Nachiket

<<Less

Re: New To Ant, Question about Feasibility of described Task.

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 31, 2008 08:53 AM

Ant isn't really *designed* to do that sort of work. Sure, someone might have a way to make ant do it anyway, but that isn't its original purpose ... so there are bound to be some kinks in the process. Personally, I'd probably write a custom network-based service that runs on all the machines that I could push an update through. (Like windows update, only in reverse.) But that's just me speaking from my experience and strengths.
About | Sitemap | Contact