Verisign signed app throws "No Valid Certificate" error on 5310 phone during installation
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   venu_gopal
Posted On:   Monday, January 14, 2008 05:23 AM

Hi, I am so desperate about getting a solution for our head eating problem. The problem is that our J2ME application (MIDP2.0) is signed by Verisign and we have all the items related to the certificate in place. We tested the application on several phones...working fine. But on Nokia 5310 (S40 5th edition), when i try to download the application and install it, it throws an error "No Valid Certificate". But the application is signed by Verisign. WE contacted Verisign people regarding this issue but they did not have any such info related to 5310..they were telling, the signed app should work on all devices.. Please help..    More>>

Hi,

I am so desperate about getting a solution for our head eating problem.

The problem is that our J2ME application (MIDP2.0) is signed by Verisign and we have all the items related to the certificate in place.

We tested the application on several phones...working fine.

But on Nokia 5310 (S40 5th edition), when i try to download the application and install it, it throws an error "No Valid Certificate". But the application is signed by Verisign.

WE contacted Verisign people regarding this issue but they did not have any such info related to 5310..they were telling, the signed app should work on all devices..

Please help..    <<Less

Re: Verisign signed app throws "No Valid Certificate" error on 5310 phone during installation

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 4, 2008 08:14 AM

I have the same problem, se

http://forum.mgmaps.com/viewtopic.php?p=8289

Note! I have opgraded to 3.63 and still in a mess.

I have contacted an Nokia insider: It is possible to ad a certificate, but you must contact you ISP.

I contacted my ISP Debital/CallME (Telia network): The know nothing about certificates and just try to get rid of me as fast as possible.

I am still in limbo

Henrik

Re: Verisign signed app throws "No Valid Certificate" error on 5310 phone during installation

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, February 18, 2008 04:41 AM

I too have the problem - MGMaps (signed Verisign class 3).

The available certificates includes "Verisign class 4".

I cant se a solution - maybe a new FW will help - though I do not think so (FW 3.63 is not released in EU).

Does any one now about a transission form class 3 to 4 ??

Rgds

Henrik

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, February 3, 2008 04:41 PM

What did Nokia say? you did ask them?
About | Sitemap | Contact