dcsimg
I have a problem with creating "help" for a plug-in system we develop
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Lugovskoy
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:20 PM

Hi, I have a problem with creating "help" for our plug-ins. As I understand from the help, the best way is to use the org.eclipse.help.toc extension point. I have a few question about it: 1) do my documentation files have to be .html files, or I can somehow use ordinary .doc files? 2) looking at this example from the help: (in file maindocs.xml) what is the right way to deal with it? should I create this .xml file, and than attach it to the manifest of the project? 3) In my plug-in's interface, how can I create links (for example, by buttons)    More>>

Hi,

I have a problem with creating "help" for our plug-ins.
As I understand from the help, the best way is to use the org.eclipse.help.toc extension point. I have a few question about it:

1) do my documentation files have to be .html files, or I can somehow use ordinary .doc files?

2) looking at this example from the help:

(in file maindocs.xml)

what is the right way to deal with it? should I create this .xml file, and than attach it to the manifest of the project?

3) In my plug-in's interface, how can I create links (for example, by buttons) to the right parts in the documentation?

Thank you very much,

Mark

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact