*** Handling STRUTS Form Submission
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   gowrisankar_narayanan
Posted On:   Friday, November 23, 2007 09:15 PM

Hi, I am displaying multiple Employee Records in the JSP [Each Employee Record Is an EmployeeFORM] and allowing the User to edit an record of his choice. public class ResourceForm extends ActionForm{ Other members ... private boolean modified=false; private boolean updateSuccess=false; private String actionMessage=new String(); private String actionMethod=new String(); ... setters/getters } public class ResourceUpdateForm extends ActionForm { private List resourceFormList; public List getResourceFormList() { ret   More>>

Hi,

I am displaying multiple Employee Records in the JSP [Each Employee Record Is an EmployeeFORM] and allowing the User to edit an record of his choice.

public class ResourceForm extends ActionForm{

Other members

private boolean modified=false;

private boolean updateSuccess=false;

private String actionMessage=new String();

private String actionMethod=new String();

setters/getters

}

public class ResourceUpdateForm extends ActionForm {

private List resourceFormList;

public List getResourceFormList() {
return resourceFormList;
}

public void setResourceFormList(final List resourceFormList) {
this.resourceFormList = resourceFormList;
}

}

I am setting almost 100 ResourceForms and displaying all of them in the JSP.

NOW i want to SEND only forms that are modified in the JSP. Because reading 100 ResourceForms and Assigning them to ActionForm is taking time. More over in the action class i am just processing forms where "modified=true";

I am filtering in the ActionClass by using isModified() method in each form.

I am wondering whether I can make STRUTS Processor read only forms that are modified in the JSP and process them to action class which will really imporve the performance.

Any Suggestions are greately appreciated.

<<Less

Re: *** Handling STRUTS Form Submission

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:24 AM

maybe do some client-side Javascript that will keep track of which "ResourceForms" have been modified, and will copy their data into some hidden fields that are the only ones which actually get submitted.
About | Sitemap | Contact