XML with Java
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   adambomb_adam
Posted On:   Friday, November 23, 2007 12:22 PM

I need to work on a project which would store data in XML format(not sure which to choose which type in oracle), retrieve data and convert into word or pdf docs on the fly. The static content of the data would be stored where as the dynamic content would be embedded by the user and the document would be generated on the fly. The data should be searchable and might need to be formatted differently for different requirements.(in html, word or pdf format) like inclusion of tables etc The docs can be pretty lengthy eg one doc can be 100 pages in word format(10 font size). I am sure it would include either of the two parsers(SAX or DOM). And dynamic content would probably be generated in   More>>

I need to work on a project which would store data in XML format(not sure which to choose which type in

oracle), retrieve data and convert into word or pdf docs on the fly.
The static content of the data would be stored where as the dynamic content would be embedded by the

user and the document would be generated on the fly.
The data should be searchable and might need to be formatted differently for different requirements.(in

html, word or pdf format) like inclusion of tables etc
The docs can be pretty lengthy eg one doc can be 100 pages in word format(10 font size).
I am sure it would include either of the two parsers(SAX or DOM).
And dynamic content would probably be generated in XHTML.

Any person who has worked on similar kinda stuff would like to suggest me something?

<<Less

Re: XML with Java

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Monday, November 26, 2007 10:12 PM

These are some questions you left unanswered in your "specifications".

• What needs to be searchable in the XML?

• Why do you need to store it in Oracle?

• Is the XML data to be dynamically generated or just the mixing of the XML into the document.

Unless you are going to be generating the XML data in your program, all you really need to do is use XSLT to take the XML data and re-format it in HTML, a word document or PDF.

Please, expand on your needs.

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact