problem, when we need to rollback from previous transaction when next transaction fails?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mallik_arjun
Posted On:   Monday, November 5, 2007 03:50 AM

hi friends let me explain my situation first In my application there are 5 ejbs(session beans) in total to deal different task like customer ejb to add, modify or delete a customer and transaction ejb to deal all transaction related tasks...etc. we are calling appropriate ejb from the struts action class itself. Let me explain my problem When we need to do updating customer plus updating trasaction i will make calls to two ejb's independently. If there is dependency for the first on the second transaction, i mean, as and when the second transaction completes successfully then only we should commit the first transaction. how to handle this?    More>>

hi friends

let me explain my situation first

In my application there are 5 ejbs(session beans) in total to deal different task like customer ejb to add, modify or delete a customer and transaction ejb to deal all transaction related tasks...etc.

we are calling appropriate ejb from the struts action class itself.

Let me explain my problem

When we need to do updating customer plus updating trasaction i will make calls to two ejb's independently. If there is dependency for the first on the second transaction, i mean, as and when the second transaction completes successfully then only we should commit the first transaction.

how to handle this?
Is there any design pattern which solves this?

thanks for any advice

Mallik Avula    <<Less

Re: problem, when we need to rollback from previous transaction when next transaction fails?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:52 PM

I think you're talking about a distributed transaction, right? and '2-phase commit'?
About | Sitemap | Contact