Problems with Tomcat & Eclipse on MacOSX
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrea_R
Posted On:   Monday, October 22, 2007 02:45 PM

Hi everybody. I have a problem with Tomcat and Eclipse. I must make an application with JSF for my dissertation and i even become a new Mac user so i have some problems. I have installed Eclipse 3,3 Europe on Mac OSX 10,4, also I have installed Tomcat 5,5 setting up environment variable and users of Tomcat. Well, when I try to connect them creating a new server in Eclipse and select Tomcat as server and relative folder of origin, the problems begin. When I try to run on server a JSF project(naturally I have imported all the necessary libraries) it give this error to me: Could not load the Tomcat incomplete serveur configuration at /Servers/Tomcat v5.5 serveur at localhost-config.The configurator mau be corrupt or. Reason: Could not load the Tomcat incomplete serveur co   More>>

Hi everybody. I have a problem with Tomcat and Eclipse. I must make an application with JSF for my dissertation and i even become a new Mac user so i have some problems. I have installed Eclipse 3,3 Europe on Mac OSX 10,4, also I have installed Tomcat 5,5 setting up environment variable and users of Tomcat. Well, when I try to connect them creating a new server in Eclipse and select Tomcat as server and relative folder of origin, the problems begin. When I try to run on server a JSF project(naturally I have imported all the necessary libraries) it give this error to me: Could not load the Tomcat incomplete serveur configuration at /Servers/Tomcat v5.5 serveur at localhost-config.The configurator mau be corrupt or. Reason: Could not load the Tomcat incomplete serveur configuration at /Servers/Tomcat v5.5 serveur at localhost-config.The configurator mau be corrupt or incomplete. On what it can depend? It is possible that is a JRE problem? I do not find the folder jre on my file system(are novice with the mac). Thanks to all.

<<Less

Re: Problems with Tomcat & Eclipse on MacOSX

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Monday, October 22, 2007 08:00 PM

I run tomcat (6 lately, but 5.5 earlier) and eclipse (3.?) both on a Mac (tiger), but I've never bothered tryiing to get eclipse itself to manage tomcat ... I do that sort of thing myself in a command terminal. Suggest you try just starting tomcat directly via (install dir)/bin/startup.sh (and then point a browser wherever it is configured for, probably localhost:8080 by default) and you'll probably have to look through log files at (install dir)/logs if nothing obvious shows up in the console. If that works, and the problem is between eclipse and tomcat, I can't be of any more help. :/
About | Sitemap | Contact