Which Certificate is better considered in the market?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Trupti_Mehta
Posted On:   Saturday, October 20, 2007 05:14 AM

Hello, I have cleared my Sun Certified Java Programmer. Actually, after a gap I am again looking for a job. Co's are asking for exp with latest technos like Structs, Spring, Hibernate along with JSP, Servlets, EJB etc. I don't know Structs, Spring or Hibernate. I alos have a week point due to which cos are not accepting me. I want to upgrade myself in the Java technology. I beleive specializing in some will helpme overcome the week point. I know JSP, Servlets and have also worked with EJB. I have the ability to prepare myself for Web Component or Business Component exam. If required can also go for Architecture, but am not sure what all comes under it & how to move ahead for it. I can also go out for Developer as I have worked excellent wit   More>>

Hello,

I have cleared my Sun Certified Java Programmer. Actually, after a gap I am again looking for a job. Co's are asking for exp with latest technos like Structs, Spring, Hibernate along with JSP, Servlets, EJB etc. I don't know Structs, Spring or Hibernate. I alos have a week point due to which cos are not accepting me. I want to upgrade myself in the Java technology. I beleive specializing in some will helpme overcome the week point. I know JSP, Servlets and have also worked with EJB. I have the ability to prepare myself for Web Component or Business Component exam. If required can also go for Architecture, but am not sure what all comes under it & how to move ahead for it. I can also go out for Developer as I have worked excellent with Swings & Desktop application DEvelopment. I think, instead of Developer, WEb & Busi. has more market value. I want to know, in todays market, whicd exam is much more preferred and considered. I am looking for a good reliable job.

Please guide me accordingly. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

<<Less

Sun Voucher Avaliable

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, October 22, 2007 04:07 AM

Hey anybody who wants sun certification voucher can contact rsbgwl@hotmail.com

Re: Which Certificate is better considered in the market?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 21, 2007 02:20 PM

I don't know if there are any "exams" or certifications, in Struts, Spring, and Hibernate? there probably are loads of places that will sell you some kind of training and/or certification on them, though. but real experience might be more valuable, with them, than any paper certification (I know, the bootstrap problem, how do you get the experience, if you can't get hired because you lack the experience...).

There's a company that supports Spring (rather, I should say it employs the Spring maintainers), does training for it, etc. (check at spring.com).

I think JBoss used to support Hibernate (the company that supports JBoss also used to support Hibernate?) maybe I'm completely wrong here?

And Struts is so old and widespread by now (some would even say, becoming obsolete? :-) that there should be tons of places trying to make money by selling support/training/certification etc. for it.
About | Sitemap | Contact