dcsimg
fetching a document and opening it.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Farida_Nampurwala
Posted On:   Friday, October 19, 2007 06:09 AM

Hello, My requirement is to fetch a document and open it in another window. On click of the link I need to call a method which will fetch the document from some repository and store it on the users harddisk and return me an url of the document. Then I use this url to open document in amother window. Right now I am using 2-step approach for this. User clicks on the link ( ) which fetches the document , then I show him another link "OPEN Doc" ( )to open it in new window. This is because does not have action attribute to call any method which would fetch the doc. And if try to use value attribute in its not working. Any idea how to go about this. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.    More>>

Hello,
My requirement is to fetch a document and open it in another window. On click of the link I need to call a method which will fetch the document from some repository and store it on the users harddisk and return me an url of the document. Then I use this url to open document in amother window. Right now I am using 2-step approach for this. User clicks on the link ( ) which fetches the document , then I show him another link "OPEN Doc" ( )to open it in new window. This is because does not have action attribute to call any method which would fetch the doc. And if try to use value attribute in its not working. Any idea how to go about this.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact