Tomcat suddenly stopped rendering jsp pages
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Saurabh_Singh
Posted On:   Thursday, October 11, 2007 08:00 AM

Hi, I have an application running on Tomcat 5.5.23. The application is using struts and jsps. I saw a strange problem, the jsp pages suddenly stopped being displayed . What happened was this - I clicked on a link in the application, the request went to back-end (as evident by some println I had put in the controller and dao layers), no error was encountered (not even permgen or out-of-heap-emory). The Tomcat server was running : Just that blank page was shown instead of the output from jsp. I went back (using browser back button) and tried all the other links and same -blank page- was displayed. Although this problem was solved on restarting Tomcat, my    More>>

Hi,

I have an application running on Tomcat 5.5.23. The application is using struts and jsps.

I saw a strange problem, the jsp pages suddenly stopped being displayed .

What happened was this - I clicked on a link in the application, the request went to back-end (as evident by some println I had put in the controller and dao layers), no error was encountered (not even permgen or out-of-heap-emory). The Tomcat server was running : Just that blank page was shown instead of the output from jsp.

I went back (using browser back button) and tried all the other links and same -blank page- was displayed.

Although this problem was solved on restarting Tomcat, my real worry is that the same could happen on the production environment as well, and then it would be a big problem for me..

Any help/tips would be really appreciated

Thanks and regards
-Saurabh

<<Less

Re: Tomcat suddenly stopped rendering jsp pages

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 11, 2007 09:13 AM

You've checked the tomcat log files, right? (No? Look under TOMCAT_HOME/logs/* )
About | Sitemap | Contact