dcsimg
dynamic classpath
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kostas_georgiou
Posted On:   Thursday, September 20, 2007 07:40 PM

Hello, I am new to eclipse rcp. Senario: I have some plugins(A,B,C,D,...). The first (A) is for starting the rcp application and the plugin B. Plugin B needs to to have its classpath set to plugin C and D and F and.... during initialization. So we don't know from the beginning how many plugins do we have that plugin B requires. If C and D (and E and F and ...) exists they should go into B's classpath. So what I want is a mechanism for dynamically seting the classpath during initialization of plugin B. Is it possible? 1)Should I make it with an extension point? Should I define my own extension schema or it already exists? Some hints about it? 2)Should I use the classpath container? How? What exactly   More>>

Hello,
I am new to eclipse rcp.

Senario:
I have some plugins(A,B,C,D,...). The first (A) is for starting the rcp application and the plugin B. Plugin B needs to to have its classpath set to plugin C and D and F and.... during initialization. So we don't know from the beginning how many plugins do we have that plugin B requires. If C and D (and E and F and ...) exists they should go into B's classpath. So what I want is a mechanism for dynamically seting the classpath during initialization of plugin B.

Is it possible?

1)Should I make it with an extension point? Should I define my own extension schema or it already exists? Some hints about it?

2)Should I use the classpath container? How? What exactly is it? Is there a document explaining it?

Thanx a lot in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact