I am not able to see info on TomcatConsole when i used log4j
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:23 AM

I had a problem with log4j. I had written a log4j.xml file like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> %m%n"/> And placed this file in web-inf/classes directory. I dont have problem with deploying this, but i am not able to see the deploy messages which i normally used to see when the tomcat is getting started ie on the tomcat console. And i am able to see this messages in the log file i have mentioned above ie test.log I want to see the information back on the console, not the thing in the log file ie the deploy information. At the same time i want to use the above file. please help me.    More>>

I had a problem with log4j. I had written a log4j.xml file like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

%m%n"/>

And placed this file in web-inf/classes directory. I dont have problem with deploying this, but i am not able to see the deploy messages which i normally used to see when the tomcat is getting started ie on the tomcat console. And i am able to see this messages in the log file i have mentioned above ie test.log

I want to see the information back on the console, not the thing in the log file ie the deploy information.

At the same time i want to use the above file. please help me.

please help me
my mail id : etta.ramesh@yahoo.com    <<Less

Re: I am not able to see info on TomcatConsole when i used log4j

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, October 7, 2007 10:54 AM

with the old flat file "log4j.properties" you could just put more than one appender on the same line("log4j.logger.com.test=CONSOLE,CSF_FILE".
About | Sitemap | Contact