dcsimg
Session management problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Magen_Bala
Posted On:   Thursday, September 13, 2007 09:09 PM

Hi..

When I try to login with 2 different id(role) in 2 browser, they change role. Eg: On 1 browser I logged in as Admin and the other I logged in as User1, when i try to click something in Admin browser it changes to User1. I guess it's because of sharing the session. How do I prevent this and how to make each browser have it's own session. Thanks heaps. Magen.

Re: Session management problem

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, October 6, 2007 07:10 PM

I think (please correct me if I have this wrong) only Microsoft Internet Explorer (MS IE) can do it, opening a new browser window with a new session in it (I don't think Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Konqueror etc. can do it? I guess there must be a good reason).

If you open a new MS IE browser window from the "Start" menu, or by clicking a shortcut icon, or executing it (IEXPLORE.EXE) from a command prompt, you will get a new session in the new window.

But if you open a new MS IE browser window from the "File, New...Window" menu of an existing IE browser window, it will act like all the other browser vendors, and you will NOT get a new session.
About | Sitemap | Contact