dcsimg
Migrating from JRun 3.1 to Tomcat 4131
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ryan_Sarazin
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2007 10:23 AM

I have a website running IIS and JRun 3.1 but the time has come to consolidate our servers, so we are moving the web app to another server that runs Tomcat 4131 and IIS. The folder structure for the JRun 3.1 deployment is as follows: Program Files > Allair > JRun > default > claimaps --> which contains two folders: jsp and WEB-INF. Under the path: Program Files > Allair > JRun > servlets --> are the various classes that run in conjunction with the website functionality. I understand that that I can deploy the claimaps app by copying the folder over to the webapps folder, modify the service.xml and web.xml files as well as some of the .proper   More>>

I have a website running IIS and JRun 3.1 but the time has come to consolidate our servers, so we are moving the web app to another server that runs Tomcat 4131 and IIS.

The folder structure for the JRun 3.1 deployment is as follows:

Program Files > Allair > JRun > default > claimaps --> which contains two folders: jsp and WEB-INF.

Under the path:

Program Files > Allair > JRun > servlets --> are the various classes that run in conjunction with the website functionality.

I understand that that I can deploy the claimaps app by copying the folder over to the webapps folder, modify the service.xml and web.xml files as well as some of the .properties files for server specific variables.

What I was wondering though is what needs to be modified in these files and how the various servlet classes need to be deployed on tomcat 4131.

I apologize if this is a simple question but would greatly appreciate any sort of assistance.

<<Less

Re: Migrating from JRun 3.1 to Tomcat 4131

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 2, 2007 08:24 PM

You might need to move your servlets into a web application context, perhaps. I remember using an old JRun, some years ago, that didn't know yet about web.xml and web applications, and we had to rewrite a lot, when we moved to a newer server.

Basically your 'claimaps' web application will have a web.xml with some servlet mappings in it, and the servlets should be classes that are on the classpath in the claimaps web application context, either under WEB-INF/classes/some/package/name/, or in a Jar file in WEB-INF/lib (in some/package/name inside the Jar file).

Then again, doesn't Tomcat also have a "servlet invoker" servlet, or something, which is not enabled by default, but which you can enable in the config? look that up in the documentation, if it helps you in your transition, for invoking those servlets that are outside the web app context?
About | Sitemap | Contact