AxisFault:nested exception is : java.net.SocketTimeoutException
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 28, 2007 03:09 AM

Hi , Iam new to webservices. Kindly guide me to solve a big production issue. Let me explain you my java code: Our's is MVC model-2 Architecture. We use client's webservice for authentication and authorisation and etc. Once a user logs into our application, we pass the userid and password to webservice which authenticates and returns authid. For all the other methods we will pass authid as one of the parameter. Iam able to invoke all the methods in webservice successfully. But one webservice method is throwing AxisFault: nested exception is : java.net.SocketTimeoutException. Actually this method does lot of executions in webserver end.    More>>

Hi ,

Iam new to webservices. Kindly guide me to solve a big production issue.

Let me explain you my java code:

Our's is MVC model-2 Architecture.
We use client's webservice for authentication and authorisation and etc.
Once a user logs into our application, we pass the userid and password to webservice which authenticates and returns authid.
For all the other methods we will pass authid as one of the parameter.
Iam able to invoke all the methods in webservice successfully.

But one webservice method is throwing AxisFault: nested exception is : java.net.SocketTimeoutException.
Actually this method does lot of executions in webserver end.

Iam not able to replicate this issue in Development Engine, where i can work.
This issue is existing in production.

To my knowledge, the cause is the response from Webservice is taking too much time.
Is there any parameter in my server to increase the wait time, so that it shouldn't throw this TimeoutException and wait until response comes.

Web Server : Tomcat 5.5
J2SDK version: 1.4.x

<<Less

Re: AxisFault:nested exception is : java.net.SocketTimeoutException

Posted By:   Roseanne_Zhang  
Posted On:   Saturday, September 8, 2007 12:23 AM

If your concurrent user number closes or exceeds 500, don't use tomcat. Tomcat has memory leaks.

This is the only thing I can think of, may not relevant to your question.

About | Sitemap | Contact