dcsimg
Tomcat 5 + Struts problems
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Karlos_Ponce
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:35 PM

hi , i don't know if this is the right forum to ask this questions , i hope it is because is something related to configuration of tomcat or the change of versions from 4 to 5 i'm working on a web application using tomcat 5.5.20 + JDK 1.5 and i get this error : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Attempted a bean operation on a null object while i'm using the struts tag bean:define scope="request" toScope="request" /> the "bean" is declared in the jsp with the tag now the "bean" has an attribute which is another bean ( simulationBean ) , then when i try to access the attr   More>>

hi , i don't know if this is the right forum to ask this questions , i hope it is because is something related to configuration of tomcat or the change of versions from 4 to 5

i'm working on a web application using tomcat 5.5.20 + JDK 1.5 and i get this error :

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Attempted a bean operation on a null object

while i'm using the struts tag bean:define

scope="request" toScope="request" />

the "bean" is declared in the jsp with the tag

now the "bean" has an attribute which is another bean ( simulationBean ) , then when i try to access the attributes of this simulationBean with the tag

this error is generated .

This only happens if i try to define a bean from another bean , if i define an scripting variable with some other data type , for example String or Integer it works fine.

Now the funny thing is that it was working properly with Tomcat 4.x , but with Tomcat 5.x i get this error , any suggestions ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact