How does JMS handle delivery of messages when the server shuts down unexpectedly?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Simran_Kataria
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 21, 2007 02:37 AM

I have configured JMS on my server using Weblogic admin console. A .tmp file is created by JMS in the paging directory of my server (as configured through weblogic) wherein non-persistent messages seem to be getting populated as and when the JMS message buffer gets overloaded. When my server shuts down expectedly,the pending messages get committed to the DB on next startup but the size of the .tmp file does not get updated. My deduction is that the messages getting committed to DB must be coming from the persistent store of messages.How and where are these non-persistent messages ( in the .tmp file) getting consumed (till the time they are active) ?? Any help on this issue would be really appreciated.    More>>

I have configured JMS on my server using Weblogic admin console. A .tmp file is created by JMS in the paging directory of my server (as configured through weblogic) wherein non-persistent messages seem to be getting populated as and when the JMS message buffer gets overloaded. When my server shuts down expectedly,the pending messages get committed to the DB on next startup but the size of the .tmp file does not get updated. My deduction is that the messages getting committed to DB must be coming from the persistent store of messages.How and where are these non-persistent messages ( in the .tmp file) getting consumed (till the time they are active) ??

Any help on this issue would be really appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact