sending string to serialPort (SerialCommunication in java)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   heera_humne
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 1, 2007 05:25 AM

hi i am heera my ? is "how we send the string to serilaport" in my porgram i convert binary to onesCompliments then i converted to the stirng and send to the por t but i can't get the proper result in port exm--- 11- 00010001-(this is binary of 11) 11101110 (this is binary to ones) and the last we wana get "ee"(String ee) in my port but i get in my port 6565656565......inside hex in loop back (it is tool where we check the m/c we sending an d receiving data to the loop back i used comport cable for this) thanks regards Heera    More>>

hi
i am heera my ? is

"how we send the string to serilaport"

in my porgram i convert binary to onesCompliments
then i converted to the stirng and send to the por t but i can't get the proper result in port
exm--- 11-
00010001-(this is binary of 11)
11101110 (this is binary to ones)
and the last we wana get "ee"(String ee) in my port
but i get in my port 6565656565......inside hex in loop back (it is tool where we check the m/c we sending an d receiving data to the loop back i used comport cable for this)

thanks
regards

Heera

<<Less

Re: sending string to serialPort (SerialCommunication in java)

Posted By:   Tim_Frith  
Posted On:   Friday, August 3, 2007 04:51 AM

First let me say that I've only used serial ports with Java once and I didn't get into low level details AT ALL. But since nobody else is answering I'll give what little info I have...

About all I can tell you is that we had success using external serial modems using SerialPort software from SerialIO. This is Java that gives you finer control over serial ports via JNI.

I don't think Java alone can be very good at serial port access - that's too low-level.

About | Sitemap | Contact