Debugging wars
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   matthew_magliocca
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:16 PM

Ok I am bleeding new to netbeans. I have a fair amount of experience with eclipse though which may be applicable. I am trying to debug a HUGE spring app. It's literally several hundred packages and probably several thousand classes. This is bigger than any war I've ever seen so I decided I needed a debugger to work on it. My company provided netbeans because it works with maven and we use a lot of maven The problem is I have no idea how to debug a war on any debugger. I don't even know how to get started. What makes matters worse is I'm very fuzzy about netbeans in general. I mean I can debugg an application with no trouble and I finally got my Tomcat working with netbeans and my Alfresco repository linked up to them bu   More>>

Ok I am bleeding new to netbeans. I have a fair amount of experience with eclipse though which may be applicable.

I am trying to debug a HUGE spring app. It's literally several hundred packages and probably several thousand classes. This is bigger than any war I've ever seen so I decided I needed a debugger to work on it. My company provided netbeans because it works with maven and we use a lot of maven

The problem is I have no idea how to debug a war on any debugger. I don't even know how to get started. What makes matters worse is I'm very fuzzy about netbeans in general. I mean I can debugg an application with no trouble and I finally got my Tomcat working with netbeans and my Alfresco repository linked up to them but how can I say debug the war?

I set a breakpoint in the code and it never trips. I run TOMCAT and the code in the webapps folder runs but it doesn't seem to be the code in netbeans that I set the breakpoint in.

I realize this is a BIG question but I'm kind of desperate here. Can anyone offer any insight at all?
Thanks a ton

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact