how to use java to call native interface of linux module
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   song_guo
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:22 PM

Currently I am doing java programming on arm linux for intel Imote2 system. This system has a radio device driver appears as a module on the linux which provide standard interfaces for wireless communication. I want to use java to open this module and call these interface to enable communication of my program. Is there any way that I could load this linux module at runtime, and call the native interface to communicate? It would be great if some one could give me a simple example for doing such stuff.

Re: how to use java to call native interface of linux module

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 24, 2007 07:46 PM

Go find a tutorial on creating a basic JNI program first. I think you'll find that, w/o having some way to recompile said device driver (and/or creating a native piece of "bridge" code, which means you'll need the driver's headers/etc) that you won't get too far. I'm also not sure how much access user-land code would have to link up against a device driver in Linux, though -- that might turn into a brick wall, and I'm nearly 100% sure no one in this forum has the expertise to really help out there. You'll want to look for a more dedicated/professional forum.
About | Sitemap | Contact