Propagate errors in a scripting application using log4j
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, July 9, 2007 04:38 AM

Hi! I've got a question regarding log4j and propagating errors in a program flow. I'm currently developing test case scripts using Rational Functional Tester which has a poor logging system and I've looked into using log4j instead. I can't find a way to make log4j propagate errors to a higher instance. What I would like is for errors found in the "middle" of the program flow to propagate to the last stage of the process. An example flow where an error in a subscript propagates to end. Script 1 Subscript 1:1 OK! Subscript 1:2 ERROR! Subscript 1:3 OK! Script 1 Finished with ERROR in Subscript 1:2. I'll appreciate any h   More>>

Hi!

I've got a question regarding log4j and propagating errors in a program flow. I'm currently developing test case scripts using Rational Functional Tester which has a poor logging system and I've looked into using log4j instead.

I can't find a way to make log4j propagate errors to a higher instance. What I would like is for errors found in the "middle" of the program flow to propagate to the last stage of the process.

An example flow where an error in a subscript propagates to end.

Script 1
Subscript 1:1 OK!
Subscript 1:2 ERROR!
Subscript 1:3 OK!
Script 1 Finished with ERROR in Subscript 1:2.

I'll appreciate any help or tips I can get in this matter!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact