removing the files from the temporary internet folder in java or j2ee application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   praveen_thakur
Posted On:   Thursday, June 28, 2007 08:45 AM

How can i remove the the files, which were downloaded into my disk temporary internet files,
when i browse the internet or intranet

The problem is if i view any secret files, these will be stored in the pc's temporary internet folder, which can be viewed by others

How can I delete the files from the temporary internet folder, using my java/j2ee application

Re: removing the files from the temporary internet folder in java or j2ee application

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 28, 2007 09:02 AM

The server will not be able to remove files from a client browser. At a mininmum, it would require a signed applet. However, the cache directory location varies with operating system (and even w/in versions of the same OS). Then, most of the time the directory name is unknown / random. Moreover, depending on the variation of the client's operating system, the directory might not be sufficiently visible to the applet. Even assuming it is, files in the directory might be locked from removal, since the client browser must be running in the first place.
About | Sitemap | Contact