dcsimg
Code deployment issue
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Harimadhav_Balu
Posted On:   Thursday, June 7, 2007 02:17 PM

have developed an application to parser two different XML files, validate them and generate a report. I have done everything using eclipse IDE and it works fine in windows. I created a jar file for the application and deployed that in Unix. when I tried to execute the jar file, I get the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser at com.eschelon.xml.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:21) at com.eschelon.xml.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:42) at com.eschelon.main.LsrPsonComparer.main(LsrPsonComparer.java:73) Can anybody help me with this, please? Thanks and Regards Harimadhav Balu    More>>

have developed an application to parser two different XML files, validate them and generate a report. I have done everything using eclipse IDE and it works fine in windows. I created a jar file for the application and deployed that in Unix. when I tried to execute the jar file, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser at com.eschelon.xml.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:21) at com.eschelon.xml.XMLHandler.parse(XMLHandler.java:42) at com.eschelon.main.LsrPsonComparer.main(LsrPsonComparer.java:73)

Can anybody help me with this, please?

Thanks and Regards

Harimadhav Balu

<<Less

Re: Code deployment issue

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 7, 2007 07:02 PM

Well, you either don't have those classes available on that system, or the classpath isn't setup properly for the classloader to find them. Exactly *why* that is the case involves more variables than I care to guess at. Did you include the apache xerces stuff in your jar file? Did you provide it as a separate jar file? What is the system classpath env var?
About | Sitemap | Contact