dcsimg
JSP Page showing null values in text fields when upgraded to Weblogic 8.1
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   vinit_garg
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 5, 2007 04:57 PM

Hi, I upgraded my App server from Weblogic 6.1 to 8.1. All the things are fine expect that I see null values in the text fields of my JSP page. I did a little test and it looks to be that this is an issue with Weblogic 8.1 JSP container (not 100% sure). I created a jsp page which has one text field. When this jsp is loaded, I am getting the value of that textfield from request object and I am printing that value using System.out.println() At both (Weblogic 6.1 and Weblogic 8.1) places, it is printing null, which is fine. String wsUser = (String)request.getParameter("txtUser"); System.out.println("User is:"+wsUser);    More>>

Hi,

I upgraded my App server from Weblogic 6.1 to 8.1. All the things are fine expect that I see null values in the text fields of my JSP page.

I did a little test and it looks to be that this is an issue with Weblogic 8.1 JSP container (not 100% sure).

I created a jsp page which has one text field. When this jsp is loaded, I am getting the value of that textfield from request object and I am printing that value using System.out.println()

At both (Weblogic 6.1 and Weblogic 8.1) places, it is printing null, which is fine.

String wsUser = (String)request.getParameter("txtUser");

System.out.println("User is:"+wsUser);

Now I am printing that value in JSP using a scriplet tag

And a pop-up window appears with nothing on it. This is also fine in both 6.1 and 8.1

Finally when I am printing the value in the textfield using scriptlet, it is behaving differently

In Weblogic 6.1, it shows nothing (blank) in the textfield but in Weblogic 8.1, it is showing as null.

I know I can write a tag library to take care of this but is there any patch or anything which can be used to fix this problem. I don't want to modify my 1000 JSP.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vinit

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact