How can we call the vj++ methods from java?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   chinasomaiah_billa
Posted On:   Monday, May 28, 2007 10:17 AM

Hi
I have one question,how can i call the vj++ methods from java program.I have a .dll file for vj++,how can i use this .dll in my java program .Please provide the solution to me.
my mail id :chinna.billa@hotmail.com

Thanks
Chinna

Re: How can we call the vj++ methods from java?

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Monday, May 28, 2007 03:08 PM

I tend to agree with Chris' sentiment here. Visual J++ disappeared from the landscape so long ago that I doubt it is even possible now to get one of those old DLLs working -- at least in anything remotely modern. I certainly wouldn't take on a project to do so. [shrug]

Re: How can we call the vj++ methods from java?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, May 28, 2007 01:18 PM

Isn't Microsoft VJ++ still basically just their own hacked version, of the ancient JDK 1.1? so I think you just use it as an old 1.1 version of the JVM -- all your code has to be compiled for, and compatible with, 1.1, etc. and you just use it (Microsoft's JVM) to run your code?

also make sure that you really have all the necessary DLL's, because I think (?) you need the Microsoft JVM DLL, which might be an additional one besides the one you already have?

It's even possible (??) that the DLL you have is just their old compiler? (their version of "javac") not their actual JVM? (their version of "java")?
About | Sitemap | Contact