dcsimg
I am not understanding JNDI , need some info on JNDI
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Madhusudhan_Rao
Posted On:   Monday, May 28, 2007 08:00 AM

Hi all , i will go a bit slow, plz correct me if i am understanding wrongly. I understood that JNDI is an API in java for accessing the naming and directory services. I need to know what are these naming and directory services. can anyone give any example .. plz By naming does it mean like names of printers on the network, names we bind in RMI ... and etc Now what are these directory interface. I dint get that. Ya i went through the library catalog example in which they use the catalog for searching the book in the library Also i didnt understand the service provider stuff, so sun does not provide any JNDI implementation... right Sorry if anyone finds t   More>>

Hi all , i will go a bit slow, plz correct me if i am understanding wrongly.

I understood that JNDI is an API in java for accessing the naming and directory services.

I need to know what are these naming and directory services. can anyone give any example .. plz
By naming does it mean like names of printers on the network,
names we bind in RMI ... and etc

Now what are these directory interface. I dint get that.
Ya i went through the library catalog example in which they use the catalog for searching the book in the library

Also i didnt understand the service provider stuff, so sun does not provide any JNDI implementation... right

Sorry if anyone finds this a bit lengthy, but i want it to go like discussions for better understanding

regards

Madhu

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact