Maven with eclipse, sub projects.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Richard_Borge
Posted On:   Friday, April 20, 2007 11:33 AM

Hi. I am a long time user of Eclipse, and have recently started to use Maven. However, Eclipse seems to have some problems handling sub projects. I would like to set up a maven main project, and have several sub projects: my-main-project | |----- my-sub-project1 | | | |--- src | |----- my-sub-project2 | |--- src And so on.... This is so I can easily run a maven install on all my projects, resolve dependencies, set up proper CVS handling, automated build and so on. However, I have problem getting Eclipse to display all my projects in a proper tree when I do it like this. What I have resorted to now is just letting all my sub projects b   More>>

Hi. I am a long time user of Eclipse, and have recently started to use Maven. However, Eclipse seems to have some problems handling sub projects. I would like to set up a maven main project, and have several sub projects:

my-main-project
|
|----- my-sub-project1
| |
| |--- src
|
|----- my-sub-project2
|
|--- src

And so on....

This is so I can easily run a maven install on all my projects, resolve dependencies, set up proper CVS handling, automated build and so on. However, I have problem getting Eclipse to display all my projects in a proper tree when I do it like this. What I have resorted to now is just letting all my sub projects be top-level projects and then manually run maven install on the parent-pom from outside Eclipse. This works, allthough a bit of an inconvenience, but now the need for a third sub-level has arisen, and I see it is time to try to solve this problem.

Is there any way Eclipse can properly show sub projects? What about the maven plugin for Eclipse? It did not work too well for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Richard    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact