Convert Fixed format text file to .CSV (comma separated values) file and more....
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rajeev_Katamaneni
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 10, 2007 03:37 PM

I need to convert a File that has Records in Fixed format (Example 0 to 10 - Customer ID, 11 to 25 - Customer Name, ...etc) to a Comma Separated Record File (.CSV) and I also need to covert the same Fixed Format file into a Random access file and an Index file for the Random access file. I tried to search on the internet for sample programs which I can use as reference to develop these programs but I could not find any. I also referred 3 to 4 java text books but could not find the topic I am looking for. Can any body help me with an idea on how to do it or provide me with sample programs so that I can pull it off from there.

Re: Convert Fixed format text file to .CSV (comma separated values) file and more....

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 10, 2007 06:43 PM

You will need to clarify what you mean by "convert ... into a Random access file", since that doesn't make sense. "Random access" is about the way you open and read from (or possibly update to) a file, not about the formatting of it when you write it out. Did you mean a sort of non-readable "binary" file, such that you want to store the cursor positions of various pieces of data into your "index" file?
About | Sitemap | Contact