Overriding browser locale and to display date in a user selected locale.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Satish_Gauns
Posted On:   Sunday, April 8, 2007 04:16 AM

In my application I am getting a date as a String member of some object. Now, as I have windows 2003 server en_US edition installed the date is in en_US format. Using the JSTL FMT parseDate and dateFormat tag I am not able to display this String in a user selected locale. If I set locale to fr_CA(french) and try to parse this string, this string cannot be parsed and throw an EL exception. FMT parseDate work fine if the locel set is en_US. What I want to achieve is that, the date that I receive as a string should be displayed in a format according to explicitly selected locale and this too using the FMT tag only.    More>>

In my application I am getting a date as a String member of some object. Now, as I have windows 2003 server en_US edition installed the date is in en_US format.

Using the JSTL FMT parseDate and dateFormat tag I am not able to display this String in a user selected locale.

If I set locale to fr_CA(french) and try to parse this string, this string cannot be parsed and throw an EL exception.

FMT parseDate work fine if the locel set is en_US.

What I want to achieve is that, the date that I receive as a string should be displayed in a format according to explicitly selected locale and this too using the FMT tag only.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact