POST response cached
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   william_william
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 27, 2007 02:49 PM

I have problem with submitting login form dynamically, the response text always been the same as the previous submission. Such as if user enter the wrong password for the first time, the server will response text of wrong password, but if the user has enter the correct password for the second time, but the server still response the wrong password text. I am using firefox 2.0 I have even try to append the url with 'sid='+ Math.random() but it does not work too. Any idea why ?

Re: POST response cached

Posted By:   Mitul_Das  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 5, 2007 08:53 AM

If I have understood your question correctly you are using AJAX to submit a request for login .

Use type = post instead of GET in the call it will resolve your problem.

Re: POST response cached

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:00 PM

There are special steps you probably need to take: certain response headers are usually set that hint to the client browser to not cache the page. I don't recall what they all are, except that code I've seen at the workplace has three separate headers all being set. (IE needs one or two different from FF, for one thing.) Not *much* to go on, but you want to look at / google for "response headers". Once that's done, you probably want to forcefully dump your browser's cache (FF2 - Tools > Clear Private Data...) before you try it, as it'll of course still be cached otherwise. (Then for good measure, *also* restart the browser.)
About | Sitemap | Contact