NetBeans 5.5 with Visual Web Pack and MySQL Remote DataBase Trouble.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mauricio_Hunt
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 27, 2007 02:02 PM

Hi, as mentioned I'm using Netbeans 5.5 with the Visual Web Pack to make a web application that makes use of a remote MySQL database, that is, the MySQL is on a different computer. I had no trouble connecting to the database trough the IDE and I can make any operation there, I also can bind the VWP components, etc.. The trouble comes when you execute the application (I'm using Sun Application Server 8): sometimes the page returns a 500 error: "internal problem.." and sometimes it display the page but the component that would hold the data is no visible , all you see if a small rectangle at it's coordinates. If you look at the source code of the page you won't see any data there either. I'm us   More>>

Hi, as mentioned I'm using Netbeans 5.5 with the Visual Web Pack to make a web application that makes use of a remote MySQL database, that is, the MySQL is on a different computer.

I had no trouble connecting to the database trough the IDE and I can make any operation there, I also can bind the VWP components, etc..

The trouble comes when you execute the application (I'm using Sun Application Server 8): sometimes the page returns a 500 error: "internal problem.." and sometimes it display the page but the component that would hold the data is no visible , all you see if a small rectangle at it's coordinates. If you look at the source code of the page you won't see any data there either.

I'm using port 3306 for the MySQL and I confirmed that it's the one used by MySQl by looking at it on it's managing console.

If the component (a table) is not bind to the database, the component displays correctly.

Thanks for any help in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact