dcsimg
Chainsaw line number problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, March 23, 2007 05:38 AM

Hello All. I've been searching the net high and low. I cannot find any information on how to get line numbers to show when using chainsaw and log4j using SocketAppenders from my applications (the apps are scattered across many servers on the net, hence the zeroconfig net-thinggy cannot be used). I'm using the latest versions of log4j and chainsaw. Can someone please help supply a log4j properties file and a description on how to set up chainsaw? many thanks. My current setup is as follows. Each client has log4j.appender.Chainsaw=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender log4j.appender.Chainsaw.remoteHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx log4j.appender.Chainsaw.port=4560 log4j.appender.Chainsaw.locationI   More>>

Hello All.

I've been searching the net high and low. I cannot find any information on how to get line numbers to show when using chainsaw and log4j using SocketAppenders from my applications (the apps are scattered across many servers on the net, hence the zeroconfig net-thinggy cannot be used). I'm using the latest versions of log4j and chainsaw. Can someone please help supply a log4j properties file and a description on how to set up chainsaw? many thanks.

My current setup is as follows. Each client has

log4j.appender.Chainsaw=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.remoteHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.port=4560
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.locationInfo=true
#log4j.appender.Chainsaw.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [%-5p] %c {%F:%L} - %m%n
log4j.appender.Chainsaw.Threshold=ERROR

and Chainsaw is just started listening to 4560.

I've seen help/messages regarding XMLSocketReciver stuff, and LogFilePatterReceiver... but I've failed to realize how to set it up. Sigh.

Many thanks
Carlo    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact