dcsimg
Set the '$keepprivate' field in Lotus Notes using Javamail
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anuroop_Jacob
Posted On:   Friday, March 16, 2007 09:21 AM

I am using Javamail api to create an email report to be sent only within Lotus Notes environment (All the recipients are using Lotus Notes). I need this mail to be non-forwardable and non-copyable. Manually we can do this by setting the Prevent Copying flag in Delivery Options of Lotus Notes client.

I need to do the same thing using Javamail programatically. I understand that we need to set the '$keepprivate' field to 1 to achieve this. Could someone please let me know how we can do this in Javamail. Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anuroop.

Re: Set the '$keepprivate' field in Lotus Notes using Javamail

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Friday, March 23, 2007 07:34 AM

I don't use Notes so can't really check this but... send a message to yourself with the appropriate values set from Notes. Look in the received message. Check the HEADERS of the message. See what headers need to be set to get the behavior you are interested in. Set them in your JavaMail code.

Keep in mind that all the headers do is prevent someone using the Notes client from forwarding the message. If they were to write a JavaMail client to read the message... it could be forwarded.

About | Sitemap | Contact