Small mistake with netbeans makes big problem for Instant RoR
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Terry_Smith
Posted On:   Friday, March 2, 2007 03:21 PM

A while back I made a small mistake with NB that has damaged my XP installation. I had too many windows open as usual and tried to turn off my netbeans which was running in debug mode. The system just sat there and thrashed the disk. In a fit of idiocy I opened my task manager - not the default one but a better one made by some guy who is with MS now. NB was in the tree as four objects, each spawning the other. The last one did all the work. Like an idiot I killed the bottom one. It worked BUT NB would not run in debug after that. It said it could not listen on a port. I could live with that and I have brought it up here, someone said it might be a protection is   More>>

A while back I made a small mistake with NB that has damaged my XP installation.

I had too many windows open as usual and tried to turn off my netbeans which was running in debug mode. The system just sat there and thrashed the disk.

In a fit of idiocy I opened my task manager - not the default one but a better one made by some guy who is with MS now.

NB was in the tree as four objects, each spawning the other. The last one did all the work.

Like an idiot I killed the bottom one. It worked BUT NB would not run in debug after that. It said it could not listen on a port.

I could live with that and I have brought it up here, someone said it might be a protection issue.

HOWEVER - I am now trying to run Instant Ruby on Rails and it will not run at all. Neither Apache OR MySql will run. They both claim they can't get a port.

I think my stupid mistake has nuked the system for RoR. Internet access was fine (This is a different system I am writing this message on. That one is off the net now)

Is there ANY WAY I can tell XP to stop being stupid like this (even though it is my fault) or do I have to reinstall?

Thanks for your time!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact