dcsimg
How can I write a file to the disk of my original server?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   matthew_magliocca
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 20, 2007 02:40 PM

Hi. I'm trying to write an applet that saves files to the original server it came from. The idea is that the applet collects data from the user and then packages it in an XML document and fires it off to the server which holds onto it. So far this sounds pretty easy but I want to avoid using a servlet. I had orginally hoped that if the applet's own server was the local machine (not if they just have it in a browser, if they physically DOWNLOAD it and save it to disk and run it off their own machine) I could use the same basic functionality to save files to the user's local machine. In both cases the applet will only be writing files to its own original server so I don't believe the sandbox should be effected. Can anyone point me to some go   More>>

Hi. I'm trying to write an applet that saves files to the original server it came from. The idea is that the applet collects data from the user and then packages it in an XML document and fires it off to the server which holds onto it.

So far this sounds pretty easy but I want to avoid using a servlet. I had orginally hoped that if the applet's own server was the local machine (not if they just have it in a browser, if they physically DOWNLOAD it and save it to disk and run it off their own machine) I could use the same basic functionality to save files to the user's local machine.

In both cases the applet will only be writing files to its own original server so I don't believe the sandbox should be effected. Can anyone point me to some good resources for the applet saving files to its own server? Thanks a lot

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact