dcsimg
What is the risk of changing the order of the security providers?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Eyvind_Almqvist
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 20, 2007 08:12 AM

I have developed a SFTP solution for Webmethods. Webmethods has IAIK (class iaik.security.provider.IAIK) as its default DH provider. To get the SFTP solution to work, I had to change the DH provider to SunJCE. I did that through changing the order of the security providers in the java.security file in C:j2sdk1.4.2_13jrelibsecurity Now it is security.provider.1=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE security.provider.2=sun.security.provider.Sun security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider security.provider.4=com.sun.rsajca.Provider Before it was security.provider.1=sun.security.provid   More>>

I have developed a SFTP solution for Webmethods. Webmethods has IAIK (class iaik.security.provider.IAIK) as its default DH provider. To get the SFTP solution to work, I had to change the DH provider to SunJCE.

I did that through changing the order of the security providers in the
java.security file

in C:j2sdk1.4.2_13jrelibsecurity

Now it is

security.provider.1=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

security.provider.2=sun.security.provider.Sun

security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

security.provider.4=com.sun.rsajca.Provider

Before it was

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun

security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider

security.provider.3=com.sun.rsajca.Provider

security.provider.4=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

security.provider.5=sun.security.jgss.SunProvider

A lot of other webmethods services uses the same server, so if we change the order of the security providers, it will affect all of these. So what I want to know is what is the risk of changing the order of the security providers?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact