Regarding websphere log configurations. How the log4j is used in websphere?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjay_Dowerah
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:51 AM

1.What is the log4j version used by websphere to write the log message to the systemout.log?

2.How we can upgrade this version? Is it just jar replacement or something else?

3.Is it possible to update its log appender to write log messages other than systemout.log ?

Re: Regarding websphere log configurations. How the log4j is used in websphere?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, February 17, 2007 12:44 PM

you can use your own log4j.jar in your own web application's WEB-INF/lib for logging your own web application's messages to wherever you want via whatever Appenders you want.

I think the Websphere server itself uses IBM's own implementation of Apache Commons Logging, not log4j.... if your client code uses the Commons Logging API instead of log4j, you'll get stuck with Websphere's own Commons Logging, unless you disable it....

there's some documentation at IBM (search there) on how to disable it, how to put 2 commons logging properties files in your web application's WAR file to tell it that the Commons Logging should use your log4j, not IBM's own.
I forget but I think one file needs to go in the WEB-INF/classes and the other file needs to go in a subdir under META-INF
About | Sitemap | Contact