How to Login into the Gatormail web mail client?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, February 8, 2007 03:07 AM

HI, This is Rama kalyan,IDS infotech Ltd, Chandigarh. We are doing a project for email Security, in which we want a web mail client. For that we found "Gatormail" from sourceforge.net which will serve our purpose. We got the source and set it in the eclipse and run using tomcat. Now the problem is we are unable to login into the GatorMail application. we found there is some LDAP configuration information in the gatormail.properties for University of Florida. 1. Is it open source to be used for our purpose or it is meant for University of Florida only? 2. If it is open, then what changes/configurations are required to login?. Here w   More>>

HI,

This is Rama kalyan,IDS infotech Ltd, Chandigarh. We are doing a project for email Security, in which we want a web mail client.

For that we found "Gatormail" from sourceforge.net which will serve our purpose. We got the source and set it in the eclipse and run using tomcat.

Now the problem is we are unable to login into the GatorMail application.

we found there is some LDAP configuration information in the gatormail.properties for University of Florida.

1. Is it open source to be used for our purpose or it is meant for University of Florida only?

2. If it is open, then what changes/configurations are required to login?. Here we do not have any LDAP in our server.

Waiting for ur valuable response/suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rama Kalyan,

IDS infotech Ltd,

chandigarh.

<<Less

Re: How to Login into the Gatormail web mail client?

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Friday, February 9, 2007 08:58 AM

The gatormail project admin sent me this to post on the forum:

"If you would be so kind to inform them on jguru that the GatorMail 1.0 series unfortunately includes code speicifc to UF mail setup and if they wish to you GatorMail they will need a programmer to customize it to their needs. Also, I'd personally discourage them from bothering even trying with GatorMail 1.0 because a 2.0 rewrite is in the works which will fair much more favorably in this AJAX web world we now live in. It should also not require a programmer to install."

Re: How to Login into the Gatormail web mail client?

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 8, 2007 01:52 PM

infotech, eh? you guys don't rate too highly in my book, but that's a sad story for another day. If you pulled the code from sourceforge, then the project/site itself tells you what the license is. You should check what the license is and make sure you understand the requirements. I'm not doing this for you.

*Assuming* it is GPL, then you can modify the code to your hearts content and use it internally any way you want. If you *distribute* the code (sell or give it the customers), you must be prepared to give the code related to your modifications, should they ask for it. If you aren't prepared to do this, then you have no rights to use the code in the first place. If it is a different license, have someone explain the usage differences.

Now as to whether you need LDAP or can reconfigure it ... well, infotech is supposed to be a programming outfit, right? You don't have anyone there that can trace the code in a debugger and see just where its getting stuck, then work out your own way around it? (this is somewhat a rhetorical question, from my perspective...)

About | Sitemap | Contact