dcsimg
How data can be transmited between a webpage and a file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   siddhartha_pvrk
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 7, 2007 05:07 AM

I want 2 store data from any web page inti the database.Database may be sql,ms-acess or ms-excel.How i can write the code for that one? Please send me the code.That will help me in my final year project.It's urgent.

Re: How data can be transmited between a webpage and a file

Posted By:   Shalom_Crown  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 28, 2007 02:45 PM

Maybe the reason you have asked this question three times, is that you haven't asked it clearly. For instance, you might want to transmit data from a database on a webserver, and display it on a client.

Alternatively, maybe you want to see a web page on a client, and store the contents of the page, in a database that exists on the same client. In other words, you want to have a database of web pages, with some key for accessing them.

If that's the case, then you have to decide if you want to keep all the items on the page (images, frames etc.), or only just the text. An even easier thing would be to just store the links in the database.

Now maybe you want to write a plugin for Microsoft's Internet Explorer - which will allow you to add the current link to your database? (that means writing an ActiveX object - would probably be in C/C++, not Java). I believe Opera has Java based plugins - but I don't know anything about them.

If you want a 'stand-alone' program, then you could use MS-Access, with its built-in forms creation. Obviously, this only works with ODBC and similar technologies. Open-Office have a similar program that can work with JDBC too - giving a much larger choice of database engines.

Anyway - you have to be more specific about what you want to achieve.
About | Sitemap | Contact