Trouble in creating and displaying vertical menus
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abdel_Olakara
Posted On:   Friday, January 12, 2007 08:09 AM

ajax link testing function clickedObject(obj,str) { obj.innerHTML=str + " LA TA "; } function hilightMenu(obj,str) { obj.style.background=" rgb(200,200,200)"; } function normalizeMenu(obj,str) { obj.style.background=" rgb(230,230,230)"; obj.innerHTML=str; } ]]>]]> hi everybody, I am trying to built a vertical menu that will be built up through ajax. In the begining, only the main menu will be displayed to the user, when the user clicks one of the menu items, using ajax iam trying to get the submenu and then display below the main menu item as a list! the main menu items are represented as DIV and the sub menu item that come from sever will be as UL (list). My problem is the display of submenu take place but i am not able t   More>>
ajax link testing

hi everybody,
I am trying to built a vertical menu that will be built up through ajax. In the begining, only the main menu will be displayed to the user, when the user clicks one of the menu items, using ajax iam trying to get the submenu and then display below the main menu item as a list! the main menu items are represented as DIV and the sub menu item that come from sever will be as UL (list). My problem is the display of submenu take place but i am not able to click it.. by then the main menu gets refreshed..
below i have given the code.. removed the Ajax part and have had static menus for your easier debug! Can anybody help me out!? here is the code:

<%
String i1 = "Item1";
String i2 = "Item2";
String i3 = "Item2";
String s1 = "SubMenu1";
String si1 = "SubItem1";
String si2 = "SubItem2";
String si3 = "SubItem3";
%>

Header Area

WorkArea

thanks in advance
--Abdel Raoof Olakara
http://olakara.googlepages.com    <<Less

Re: Trouble in creating and displaying vertical menus

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Friday, January 12, 2007 08:56 AM

It looks like you have deeper problems: are you thinking the servlet tag "<%=foo%>" does the same thing in javascript? Plus, you probably didn't escape some tags when you posted your code (unless you really are trying to insert actual bulletted items?) so no one can truly even try to debug your code as you posted: it contains errors this way. Suggest you try to inspect the results for yourself in a javascript error console (try firefox if you haven't) before re-posting. You'll catch all sorts of easy syntax mistakes on your own.

About | Sitemap | Contact