UML Class Diagram
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nageswari_devathi
Posted On:   Thursday, January 11, 2007 06:29 AM

How to generate UML Class Diagram for a java project. I am able to generate UML Class Diagram only for package in a java project . I am using OMONDO eclipse.

Re: UML Class Diagram

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 13, 2007 03:47 PM

Unfortunately I think it makes no sense to generate a single page Class Diagram, for anything higher-level than an individual package?

I mean, I don't think you can do that in any UML editor I've seen where you can reverse-engineer from Java source code to UML. All I've seen (e.g. in Rational XDE, or ArgoUML, etc.) is to generate one single diagram from all the classes in one single package, not including sub-packages.

Perhaps you need to auto-generate (reverse engineer) several individual class diagrams, one diagram from one package, each one at a time, and then combine the diagrams later, cutting/pasting/dragging/dropping individual classes into an overall diagram that you edit by hand.

My guess is that such an overall diagram will end up being too big and complicated, so you'll need to split it up anyway, into several diagrams containing several separate partitions/bunches of your classes, and you'll have to decide how to make this split -- some bigger packages with more classes may need their own diagram in the end, but you may be able to combine some smaller packages into one diagram. I just don't think the reverse-engineering auto-generate tools will do more than one package at once, and I don't think they'll include sub-packages either.
About | Sitemap | Contact