actionlistener not fired!
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, January 1, 2007 12:38 PM

I have several commandbuttons on a jsf page. There are 4 that are for paging and one for filter critera. All have an Action listener. My backing bean has a boolean function that returns true if more than one page exists and false for only one. The four paging buttons are in a facet which are enclosed in a panelgrid. If there is only one page, the panelgrid is not rendered ie. rendered = "#{!backingbean.multipage}". This works. The problem I have is the action listener on the filter button does not fire if the panelgrid is not rendered. So if i have 4 pages of data, then the paging buttons show and the filter action works. If I enter critera and hit    More>>

I have several commandbuttons on a jsf page. There are 4 that are for paging and one for filter critera. All have an Action listener. My backing bean has a boolean function that returns true if more than one page exists and false for only one.

The four paging buttons are in a facet which are enclosed in a panelgrid. If there is only one page, the panelgrid is not rendered ie. rendered = "#{!backingbean.multipage}". This works.

The problem I have is the action listener on the filter button does not fire if the panelgrid is not rendered.

So if i have 4 pages of data, then the paging buttons show and the filter action works. If I enter critera and hit the filter button and only one page is the result. The paging buttons don't render. If I hit the filter button again. The page is submitted as if no filter critera is passed and all pages come back, but the filter action listener is not fired.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

I also have a selectone control with an actionchange listener. I have noticed that is is fired everytime a buttons is clicked. Any button!!

Another mystery to me.

I appreciate any feedback.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact