dcsimg
Eclipse Execuition Sequence
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aneed_Mosfer
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 12, 2006 05:44 AM

I am trying to underestand the behaviour of running eclipse plugins. what I did is I created a simple Hello World plugin using the the provided wizared of Eclipse 3.2. this plugin contains two java classes, one for the lifecycle(Activator.class) and the other one for the action behaviour of the plugin (HelloWorld.class). In order to underestand the order by whici Eclipse handle the plugin I wrote a print statements in every method in both classes in order to see in what order these methods are going to be invoked and what I found is some thing like this: Instance of HelloPlugin is created : Activator Class This is the start method : Activator Class Instance of the SampleAction is created : HelloWorld Class    More>>

I am trying to underestand the behaviour of running eclipse plugins.
what I did is I created a simple Hello World plugin using the the provided wizared of Eclipse 3.2.
this plugin contains two java classes, one for the lifecycle(Activator.class) and the other one for the action behaviour of the plugin (HelloWorld.class). In order to
underestand the order by whici Eclipse handle the plugin I wrote a print statements in every method in both classes in order to see in what order these methods are going to be invoked and what I found is some thing like this:

Instance of HelloPlugin is created : Activator Class
This is the start method : Activator Class
Instance of the SampleAction is created : HelloWorld Class
This is the init method : HelloWorld Class
This is the SelectionChanged method : HelloWorld Class
This is the run method : HelloWorld Class
This is the dispose method : HelloWorld Class
This is the stop method : Activator Class

what I could not underestand is why eclipse has switched the running procces this way? note that there is no relationship between the two classes. Is there a standard running protocol that eclipse follows to run its plugins?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact