any patterns for data change-approval process/working copy?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Nichols
Posted On:   Thursday, December 7, 2006 11:14 AM

We need to allow editing of business entities, but not just direct edit-save. they want the entity put into a "draft" mode, and locked from anyone else editing it until all edits are done and approved. I've googled myself silly trying to find how others have done this, what the best way is, but have found nothing. Anything version-control related just brings back stuff about software versioning, not data editing/versioning. Is anyone aware of any best practice, etc, for doing this? I'm sure it must have been done before. We are doing a J2EE app, using JDBC to talk to Oracle. Thanks, Dan    More>>

We need to allow editing of business entities, but not just direct edit-save.
they want the entity put into a "draft" mode, and locked from anyone else editing it until all edits are done and approved.

I've googled myself silly trying to find how others have done this, what the best way is, but have found nothing.
Anything version-control related just brings back stuff about software versioning, not data editing/versioning.

Is anyone aware of any best practice, etc, for doing this?
I'm sure it must have been done before.

We are doing a J2EE app, using JDBC to talk to Oracle.

Thanks,
Dan

<<Less

Re: any patterns for data change-approval process/working copy?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:04 PM

You might look up references under "workflow", and or "content management systems".
About | Sitemap | Contact