dcsimg
Display contents of database
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Wittenberg
Posted On:   Saturday, December 2, 2006 06:09 AM

Hi, I'm not used to working with struts, but this is my problem: I have a .jsp page with a link. When the user clicks the link, the entire contents of a MySQL datbabase must me shown. There is no way to know in advance how many records the database containts, so this is dynamic. In the action java file i make the database connection and execute the query. I assume that the .jsp doesn't use a form because there is no user input required. So my question is this: how do i get the contents of the resultset required in the action java file on the jsp page without using forms, or if forms are necessary, how do i make use of the form. I already tried making a form and add the resultset as parameter to the request, but it doesn't show   More>>

Hi,

I'm not used to working with struts, but this is my problem:

I have a .jsp page with a link. When the user clicks the link, the entire contents of a MySQL datbabase must me shown. There is no way to know in advance how many records the database containts, so this is dynamic. In the action java file i make the database connection and execute the query. I assume that the .jsp doesn't use a form because there is no user input required. So my question is this: how do i get the contents of the resultset required in the action java file on the jsp page without using forms, or if forms are necessary, how do i make use of the form.

I already tried making a form and add the resultset as parameter to the request, but it doesn't show anything.

Thanx in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact