h:selectOneMenu valueChangeListener gets called twice
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tulasi_devi
Posted On:   Monday, November 20, 2006 12:55 AM

hi All, i'm a newbie to JSF, went stuck with selectOneMenu valueChangeListener issue. i've a list wrapped in ListDataModel binded to h:dataTable holding all the products to b displayed. These products needs to b sorted columnwise eg:price,availability etc. i went for implementing header sorting by calling actionListener on the respective header & at the same time therez a menu which gives the same sorting functionality on the same columns mentioned above. here the problem is tht header sorting works 5n but menu doesn't give me sort results. after looking into the problem i found tht wen valueChangeListener gets called on menu selection it assigns the newly selected value to the sortColumn property in Sort Funtionality & gett   More>>

hi All,

i'm a newbie to JSF, went stuck with selectOneMenu valueChangeListener issue.

i've a list wrapped in ListDataModel binded to h:dataTable holding all the products to b displayed. These products needs to b sorted columnwise eg:price,availability etc. i went for implementing header sorting by calling actionListener on the respective header & at the same time therez a menu which gives the same sorting functionality on the same columns mentioned above. here the problem is tht header sorting works 5n but menu doesn't give me sort results. after looking into the problem i found tht wen valueChangeListener gets called on menu selection it assigns the newly selected value to the sortColumn property in Sort Funtionality & getting sorted... but very soon without displaying the results it gets called again but now the new value is not the one wht i've selected but the previous one....

not knowing wht to do ... digging round and round doesnot provide me with the solution.

can somebody help?
Thanks in advance.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact