dcsimg
Action Not Being Called when Unchanged Form Submitted
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vicki_Richardson
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 15, 2006 02:36 PM

I have a struts application that contains JSP pages with Next, Previous, and Cancel buttons. My Next and Cancel buttons work great. However, I cannot get the Previous button to invoke the action mapping if NO changes have been typed onto the form. There are actually 2 forms on the page. The first form (not seen below) is included in a header.inc.... Here's a snippet of the JSP: <%=Constants.COMMAND%>" value=" <%=Constants.EDIT_STEP3%>" > <%=Constants.COMMAND%>" value=" <%=Constants.PREVIOUS%>" onclick="document.forms[1].submit();"> I can intercept and trace the EDIT_STEP   More>>

I have a struts application that contains JSP pages with
Next, Previous, and Cancel buttons. My Next and Cancel buttons work great. However, I cannot get the Previous button to invoke the action mapping if NO changes have been typed onto the form. There are actually 2 forms on the page. The first form (not seen below) is included in a header.inc....

Here's a snippet of the JSP:

<%=Constants.COMMAND%>" value=" <%=Constants.EDIT_STEP3%>" >
<%=Constants.COMMAND%>" value=" <%=Constants.PREVIOUS%>" onclick="document.forms[1].submit();">

I can intercept and trace the EDIT_STEP3 and CANCEL. The previous just re-displays the current JSP, while I need it to invoke the action to determine the next screen to display based on the mapping path. Validator is OFF for this JSP.

Any help is greatly appreciated!    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact