dcsimg
Ant Newbie -- Build Script Question
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joshua_Schmidt
Posted On:   Monday, November 13, 2006 05:27 PM

I have been developing with NetBeans for a while and to my convience and lazyness I've never had to learn how to make ant build scripts as netbeans did this for me. I've gotten a new job and am developing with an IDE called X-Develop by omnicore. Well Ant isn't supported and we're looking to create an automated build file to pull out of SVN and build it to our webservers. My question is this. X-Develop requires you make two folders(solutions) that segregate java classes from the web app. I do have a XML file that oulines the project and looks like this.... {4C22086E-4C6D-4849-A551-AD967365B4B6} COMPILE path ofilefile.java COMPILE path ofilefile.   More>>

I have been developing with NetBeans for a while and to my convience and lazyness I've never had to learn how to make ant build scripts as netbeans did this for me. I've gotten a new job and am developing with an IDE called X-Develop by omnicore. Well Ant isn't supported and we're looking to create an automated build file to pull out of SVN and build it to our webservers. My question is this.
X-Develop requires you make two folders(solutions) that segregate java classes from the web app. I do have a XML file that oulines the project and looks like this....

{4C22086E-4C6D-4849-A551-AD967365B4B6}

COMPILE
path ofilefile.java

COMPILE
path ofilefile.java

project_name

$APPSERVER_LIBRARIES$

..projectWEB-INFliblibrary.jar

I simplified the file for example purposes. Do you think making an ant file to read this and compile it, then tar'ing it up and sending it to the webserver is the best approach here? If so could you perhaps provide a good resource to build my build.xml that might be able to parse this file and build my project so I don't have to maintain an ant build script constantly?
Thanks and GB
Josh

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact