How to convert rasster images like(PNG,JPG,BMP,TIFF) into SVG file.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kirti_Mistry
Posted On:   Monday, October 23, 2006 03:59 PM

Hi JGuru Friends!

I have a question of converting raster images into a SVG file Formate during run time.

Right now I have program in which user can choose an image like PNG, GIF or JPG & load into Frame.

Now I wanted to change it by this way.
Like when user choose any of raster image First it will convert it into a SVG File then after it will load into a Frame.

Your any suggestions are valuable for me.

Regards

Kirti

Re: How to convert rasster images like(PNG,JPG,BMP,TIFF) into SVG file.

Posted By:   Robert_Lybarger  
Posted On:   Monday, October 23, 2006 11:13 PM

I'm not sure you can (at least not easily) though I've got very little experience here. bitmaps and vectorized graphics are just two completely different beasts, so I'm dubious that an arbitrary bitmap can be converted at all, especially on-the-fly. Think of it this way: vectorized graphics are basically instructions like "draw a curve so long and so thick, then draw a line from here to there, then..." whereas bitmap graphics are "dump the following pixel points to the screen: red, red, black, green, red, ...." You'll need to [re]create the images in SVG format using some art program that saves the actual vectorized stroke information, not just the final rendered image. That is, unless someone with better information shows I'm completely wrong here. ;-)
About | Sitemap | Contact